Thursday 4 April 2013

Wearing clothes


  
Cardigan: New Look
Top: L - Dorothy Perkins / R - Dorothy Perkins
Shoes: Next

So, in my previous post I mentioned how I was dressing smart for work. As you can see I purchased two tops from my wishlist and started wearing them this week. Unfortunately I was told on the Tuesday that as I'm paid as a supervisor I should dress as a supervisor, which means I have to go back to wearing my uniform. I don't understand why it's okay for me to be 'acting manager' then when I'm not getting paid to do that, as I do feel it's different than if I was covering holidays or a day off which as a supervisor I'm expected to do. Anyway, we won't get into that as this isn't the time or the place. Needless to say it means I've been returning a few items I picked up as I won't have the need to wear them now. 


Dress: Jack Wills
Shirt: New Look
Jumper: Dorothy Perkins
Shoes: Celtic

Please excuse the face today as I've been for a filling so I cannot feel the left side of my face, or move my lip to smile properly so I look like I'm smirking. It was an early morning appointment so I grabbed my boots before I ran for the train. The dress is my absolute favourite although I think it's quite tight around my chest so I don't like to wear it on its own, I always try to wear a cardigan or a jumper. I should have had the sense to try on a larger size but it took me forever to find the fitting room when I bought it (I had to ask someone) I was blinded by how lovely it was. 
The jumper is a one size fits all so the neck is very tight but the body makes me feel very frumpy as it expands to fit. I'm not complaining though as I do think it's lovely and the perfect shade of red. 
You can't see the shirt very well in this as I added it purely for the collar peeking out but I'm so pleased I bought it. I don't wear shirts very often as my large bust usually means shirts are too tight around my chest and gape whilst they're too baggy everywhere else. However, with the cold weather meaning that jumpers are a must I don't have to worry too much right now! 

The benefits of having an early appointment on my day off means that I have finished a couple of errands I had to run today which leaves me with the rest of the day to do other things. I've spotted a couple of other bloggers (namely Amy of cocktailsinteacups & Hayley of strangenessandcharm) have been dyeing their hair and I'm toying with the idea of doing my own. I already have the ombre thing going on due to growing out the bleach from a couple of years ago but ever since last Autumn I've been itching to dye my hair red like I used to when I was younger. I'm not 100% certain that work would be okay with it as the area manager is very strict. I might not get around to it today but I do want to do something to it as I feel it's looking a little dull. 

2 comments:

  1. You look really good in those smart outfits! I should dress smarter for work but I don't suit trousers that much, or skirts that are tight on the legs, so I stick to frumpy long skirts and cardigans. The skirt you're wearing really suits your legs. Gutted you have to go back to a uniform for now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always wore trousers in the last job, but I've found that I much prefer skirts now so I'll still wear them. It just doesn't look as smart with a polo shirt and jumper!

      Delete