Saturday 6 April 2013

Sharing


I'd intended for this to be posted earlier this afternoon but I clearly don't understand how to schedule posts just yet! 

As you may know today was the Grand National. Now, considering I've lived in Liverpool since I was born I have never had any interest in the event. I remember girls in school who would come in proclaiming that they had won £X on the race, which really meant that they'd chosen the nicest sounding horse and their parents had put a bet on for them. 
Last year, I put a bet on a horse because it shared my surname. Although I only did so because my manager sent me to put a bet on for him so I thought why not.

I have to say though, I don't understand why it's such a celebrated event. I don't understand the fashion and I don't understand why a race is allowed to go ahead when there are so many fatalities. I know I'm not the only one who thinks that. 

Anyway, I've picked out some horse related items I have found that are much nicer than standing outside in the cold watching a ten minute race. You can never have too many shirts, as proved by my post earlier in the week and I think that the duvet set is such a lovely colour. Also, counting horses is much more pleasant than counting sheep. 
I love brooches that have some literary connection to them (I have a Sherlock one, remind me to show you one day) and of course, Black Beauty is a must read. Everybody needs a little bit of luck in their life so the horseshoe charm is delightful and I'd much rather wake up to a horsehead on my bedside table than in my bed, wouldn't you?

The nail varnish is a little bit of a wildcard really as I stumbled upon it and I must say I'm intrigued. It contains horsetail which is supposed to be a good supplement to take to help combat brittle nails and I'd be interested to see if applying it topically via a nail varnish would actually have an effect. Unfortunately, at £18.50 it'll have to stay on my wishlist unless I come into some extra money. Maybe I should have put a bet on after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment