Monday 1 April 2013

Planning a new wardrobe






L-R Polka dot / Bird print / Swan print all ASOS


L-R Rose print / Floral print / Sleeveless floral print all Dorothy Perkins

So a lot of changes have been going on since I started my job in December. I finished my induction and was moved to a neighbouring store for reasons outside my control, then I was working at both locations before finally returning to the original store. That has lasted two weeks and now it's the next big change. 

The manager at the store handed in his notice and finished on Saturday so from today I am 'acting store manager' until the new manager starts. There isn't an eta for this as it will take as long as it takes so I have been spending the past week putting together suitable outfits as it's the first time I've worked in a position that doesn't involve a uniform. 

Having attended a managers meeting and worked in a store with a female manager I can see that the suggested wear of a white shirt and suit isn't fully adhered to, so I have been searching out interesting tops to wear with the simple black skirt I already wear. I think my favourites are the Oriental print from Zara and the Swan print from ASOS. 

Today was the first day of dressing smart (I wore the Rose print tunic from the last picture) and it does change the way you work in a mental way. I certainly felt more in charge than I used to when I would cover the manager's day off. 



2 comments:

  1. Love the Oriental print one from Zara and the three ASOS ones! I wish I could get a job where I could have fancy smart clothes. I'm always a waitress and I feel so childish!

    Amy x cocktailsinteacups.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might get the swan print shirt from ASOS as it can easily be styled down for a daytime look. I just need to make sure I don't spend too much money!

      Delete